Skice (Top 10 Independent Electronic Music Productions from Singapore 2020)

(5th in our series featuring the Top 10 Independent Electronic Music Productions from Singapore-based artists in 2020)

Skice (Bernice) is an electronic musician from Singapore whose musical style and productions have evolved over the years since we first met at the NUS Electronic Music Lab. This year despite her busy work schedule she released a string of original electronic pop / Future Bass songs, live launchpad remakes, and remixes.

Launchpad remake

Original

Remix

Follow her on YouTube at her channel

What gear did you use to make this?

  • Ableton Live 10 Suite
  • Akai MPK Mini MK2
  • Novation Launch Pad Mini MK3

What inspired you to make this music and what keeps you going this year?

Music is something that everyone can connect with. I often turn to music when I’m feeling sad, mad, happy or stressed and for me. Making music therefore, provides me with a short escape and helps me get through tough days.

My favourite artists inspired me to make my own songs and remixes. I’ve been listening to various electronic and K-pop songs and personally love the catchy melodies in them. I love how K-pop song writers experiment with different genres and incorporate them into K-pop music, making the songs unique and refreshing and was inspired to do the same. I was intrigued by how songs can be re-arranged in such a way that the original song is transformed into something completely different.  

About this blog series

This year, despite (or because?) all of the restrictions to our music scene, Singapore-based electronic musicians produced a LOT of interesting electronic music. This blog series is our non-scientific attempt to showcase some of our favourites from 2020. This list is not exhaustive and we reserve the right to add to it any time we like! 

The whole list of our 2020 Top 10 favourite Independent Electronic Music producers from Singapore


Comments