Izotope's incredible Iris resynthesis and sampling synth

This is the most amazing synth I've seen in years. You can extract spectral data to create musical sounds from non-musical samples, then layer and synthesize them. It even auto-assigns them to your keyboard. And this all happens real time.

I must admit the video of the guy sampling industrial machinery in a factory reminded me of my first sampling trip to record construction jackhammers - an earsplitting and unforgettable experience. Imagine what I could have done with a tool like this!

Time to save up, or at least download the 10 day free trial. It looks and sounds great on video, got to hear it on my own IdeaPad.

(If you're interested in the story of how Iris was created - of course you are - it was in close collaboration with regular speakers on my favourite sound engineering and music technology podcast, Sonic Talk - see the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgppI5LybMI )


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

Comments