Where to get remix sources, samples, and a voice-isolator
You can download stems or remix sources from these websites
- Look under Contests
- You can also get free loops every week by visiting the Free Downloads area
To remove vocals from an existing track, get the VST Extra Boy for $0.90 http://www.elevayta.com/d_plugins.htm
(Limited time only https://www.yousendit.com/download/MEtUTmZZeDMzS28wTVE9PQ)
How to get started in remixing
- Make sure your remix source is correctly warped / acidized (timing is correct)
- Identify what tempo your source is in - how far can you speed up or slow down?
- Identify what key your source is in
- Use EQ to remove bass or treble elements if needed
- Use Extra Boy to isolate vocals if needed
- Build up a Groove
- bassline (make your loops match the key of your source)
- Build out a Structure
- Have fun!